Friday, October 17, 2008

Lazy mornings...

... are the best!  No school for Alex today! 

We slept in late - perfect sleeping weather - a crispness in the air, soft, warm beds, and no jarring alarm clocks...

The coffee was brewed - hot, black, and steamy - just how I like it!  We cuddled and read books - we will be in our jammies most of the day.  This is the perfect morning!  I have no idea what we are doing the rest of the day - no plans - maybe some baking, maybe a movie, maybe the zoo, maybe nothing - I love these days!

Here are the girls vegged out in front of the TV for a bit while I make some chocolate chip pancakes - yummy!



Alex chose Halloween shapes for her pancakes.  Hers are plain, but decorated with chocolate chips.
Maddie was a bit more random.  Hers have chocolate chips baked IN them and also decorated with them - admittedly, she'll probably just eat the chocolate chips.
Mine?  Chocolate chips inside - banana and syrup on top!

(BTW: I make 10 grain whole wheat pancakes and use sugar free syrup - it kind of cancels out the chocolate chip factor, right?)

Enjoy your day and if you haven't already, take a minute to thank God for all the wonderful blessings in your life - the simple pleasures like a hot cup of coffee, pancakes, and an agendaless (is that a word?) day!

What is your idea of a perfect morning?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, "jammy days" are my favorite!! We're all off today, too, and we're just chilling & relaxing in the pj's! But, you win the “cool” mom award for serving the chocolate chip pancakes. My kids just got cereal! I did put fruit on top!

Give the fam my love! And, tell Alex I LOVE her cheerleading pics!

Anonymous said...

Can I come over??

holly said...

Thanks Eve! Enjoy your lazy day!

@Jenni - definitely, come on over - we just pulled chocolate chip banana muffins out of the oven and are putting in the chocolate chip pumpkin muffins as I type - do you notice a theme with chocolate chips at this house? :)

Mamu Lou said...

I love those types of days. Maybe I'll try for one of those tomorrow!

DEb said...

Now THAT is perrrrfect!!!!

You are the PERFECT mom, too....gosh, look at those pancakes!!! Y-U-M!