Bedtime came too quickly for the girls last night. We played at the playground after school, ran a couple of errands, ate dinner, showered, and all of a sudden it was bedtime. They weren't that happy about it because they really wanted to play "dress up". Here was their solution...
They wore their dress up clothes OVER their pajamas and slept in them - that's some serious multi-tasking. Quite genius, really - except at 2 am when Maddie had to go potty and couldn't figure out how to get her pants down (thankfully I heard her stumbling around before an accident occurred). They woke up happy and continued with their game of dress up. Smart girls, I tell you!
I should also mention that I allowed this for 2 reasons - 1. who cares? they had fun and thought I was cool mom for allowing it, and 2. it may have provided a bit more warmth as I still haven't turned the heat on. :)
So, what would you do if you were given a couple of extra hours daily?
Mine's easy - sleep and read!
4 comments:
I am sure I would fill it up with something and they say something like 'if I only had more time!'. :) Given more time I think I would actually do some more creative hands on things with boys.
Haven't turned the heat on?? I forget that it's gotten cold in other parts of the country!!! We still have our air going off and on during the day!!!!! :)
If I had more time, I'd read and try to cook more elaborate meals. ;)
Holly, I LOVE the way you post pics of those girls.... I get to see them grow up!!!
What would I do w/a few xtra hours....the EXACT same thing you would do...read/sleep!! LOVE IT!! And btw, St. Louis has some COLD weather and LOTS of snow...just so ya know... :)
I'll be expecting lots of pics of them girls in the snow this year!
Jenn - I would probably wonder the same thing - where did the time go?
Andrea - yes, we need the heat - I may have to succumb tonight. However, I do LOVE this weather - an extra quilt at night is perfect - it's the morning getting ready for school that is cold!
Deb - bring on the snow!!
Post a Comment