Friday, October 24, 2008

It's finally here!!

OK - if you are a mother of girls you know what I'm talking about!! Here's a hint...

Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay, Ryan, Chad, & Taylor...

Ring a bell yet?

The highly anticipated High School Musical 3 hits theaters tonight - don't think my girls haven't noticed. Their original plans included taking me to to see it for MY birthday - how sweet, huh? - however, now we have decided to wait a week so that we can see the movie with our good friends, Nina and Sarah, when they come to visit us next weekend (plus this gives me time to sneak into the theater one night next week to preview it and make sure that it is appropriate for my girls - I pray it is, I'm not sure how I'd say no if it's not).

Here's a video of the girls getting in the High School Musical spirit...


(Unfortunately, Nate's camera broke this summer and we're still waiting to get it fixed - once we have that, I promise the videos will be of better quality - i.e. Alex's head will be a part of it and she won't have to yank her sister back into view!  We practiced beforehand, but they were moving all over anyway...)

They can't wait!

This is one of the perks of being a mom to girls - I get to see the fun movies - no Batman, Star Wars, Spider Man, X-Men, etc. for me (although I'm sure those are fun too!)  It's also fun to see Nate "watch" the movie with them - he knows the songs as well as they do (well, not really, he's never been one to "catch on" to lyrics regardless of how many times he's heard the song!).

We hope you enjoy your weekend and if any of you happen to see the movie (Leslie, I'm guessing you'll be there!), leave me a note and let me know if it's OK for them! :)  Thanks!

Are there (or have there been) any movies that you have been just as excited to see as your children?


11 comments:

Andrea said...

Have you seen 1 or 2? I'm not sure how strict you are with what the girls see. With all our Disney trips they've seen all the Indiana Jones and all 3 Pirates...

My girls are very excited too!!!!

The video was adorable..they can't believe that Alex is big...

Anonymous said...

I have been reminded everyday this week that Friday is THE day! I am like you, thankful that I do not have to see all the "boy" movies! For the past 8 days, yes I said 8, we have alternated HSM 1 and 2. We are going tomorrow with Natalie, so tell Alex that the girls will miss her!
And...I have to admit I think that I am really more excited than the girls! I dance around the living room just as much as they do. Sometimes I do not know if they are thinking that I am completely crazy or the coolest mom ever. I'd like to think cool! :)

Tiffany Baker

Anonymous said...

Too funny! They have got the moves! :) Give them big hugs for me today!

Anonymous said...

Do you know that HSM 2 was on tv the other night and I watched it...by myself. I love both 1 and 2. When I heard 3 was coming to theaters I told my 8 year cousin I might come kidnap her and take her with me...because the boys are not interested! :)

Anonymous said...

That may have been enough to get me to Thanksgiving. I've been missing you all so much. They are so adorable! Your blog is gorgeous. You are becoming a technological diva!
Love you all!
Dana

Anonymous said...

love that performance. when the boys get home we'll have to watch it together!

Anonymous said...

I would have been there for sure, but Hope wasn't with me this weekend. She did go see it with her dad, and she liked it. We are going next weekend just because I want to see it!!! You know you can go to Dove Family Approved Movies to check it out. I think it is dove.org HSM 3 is family approved. Happy late Birthday too!!

Anonymous said...

First, happy birthday, girl. Second, I love your new blog look - FANTASTIC! Next, just got home from seeing HSM3! Loved it! Very well produced, executed, and crafted (hey, you asked!!) - fun for the entire family! But, I must say I enjoyed watching my sweet girls just as much! Give them hugs and kisses from all of us!

holly said...

Thanks for all the feedback - I can't wait to see it!!

Erin said...

We went Sunday.... Troy has a few shirtless scenes (woohooo!) there's a french maid scene (Gabriella starring as Sharpay's maid in the musical within the musical) and a kissing scene...ewwww gross! Addison and I went by ourselves, we had a good time, she got to sit on my lap and soak up all my attention. The whole time I was thinking of what I was like my senior year.... not a movie you'd want to take your girls to see!

Erin said...

wait that sounded wrong...HSM 3 fine, my life as a senior not Disney material :D