(I apologize, I'm having trouble with my picture placement...)
Friday night we were able to attend one of the coolest events in the St. Louis area. The Great Forest Park Balloon Glow occurred tonight. You can read more about the event here, but basically we were able to mingle (with thousands of others) among dozens of hot air balloons. They were getting set up for the Great Balloon Race that occurs on Saturday.
The balloons were amazing - highlights included a giant Energizer Bunny, Pepsi can, and bag of popcorn. It was quite the sight! The place was packed, the band was playing, and we were having a great time. As some of you know, I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon (I was able to fly in a tethered balloon one time, thanks to her, but have always wanted to fly higher!) - this only strengthened my desire!
The girls were excited to purchase their light sabers and demonstrated their fighting ability over and over much to our amusement. We were able to meet up with a number of friends and enjoy the event. The evening ended with a fabulous fireworks show and happy smiles by all! This is an event we will be sure to remember!
7 comments:
Now what shall I call you?! :) Welcome....
Welcome to the crazy world of blogging... I'm thinking your name should be changed to "AAB" (anti-anti-blogger) since you've made such a smooth transition into it. :)
I just came over from Brandi's blog and wanted to tell you that your girls are adorable... thanks for sharing with us!
sara
http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com
You have a beautiful family. Peace to you and yours. :-) Angie
see, this is just like scrapbooking, only A LOT easier! :)
Wow, where do I begin... I just returned from the beach so I'm a bit behind. However, I'm loving your blog and new adventure. Okay, first, welcome to the blogosphere! Second, you guys look beautiful in the pics - I miss you tons and tons. Next, I LOVE their bedrooms. You rock.
Can't wait to follow your incredible journey. I'll write more soon. Love much!!
Holly, we have to do a hot air balloon ride together! I have been begging Merlyn to do this with me... wanted to do it for my 30th b-day, but didn't happen... we must make plans!!
Miss you guys!
You are inspiring me to look in to more things we can do here in Nashville. Maybe you can do a blog about that- recommendations from your years of experience here? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm with you on the hot air balloon thing. I always thought it looked like so much fun!
Post a Comment