Friday, September 19, 2008

Future designers?

First of all, thank you to all who have provided encouragement for this endeavor. :)  Admittedly, I should have been harassed a lot more by those of you who know my past disdain for blogging.  Thanks for taking it easy on me. However, I have a feeling that brandiandboys may make me the topic of conversation among her readers soon.  :)  I'm looking forward to hearing from ya'll.

The following are some pictures of the girls from the other night.  As most of you know, Nate spent two weeks in India in August as part of his fellowship.  His gift to the girls were these "indian dresses".  Last night they decided they wanted to put them on.  I'm not sure if it was the excess of glitter, beads, and silk that went to their heads or what because they then decided that they needed to redecorate their room.  



This is how I decorate their room...










...I think it looks pretty cool, but apparently they thought it needed a little more pizazz!


They added it with some excess hangers and some "free form" flowers (you can't contain them in a vase!)



Just check out that style!  Pay close attention to their body language.  I tell you, Maddie has more attitude in her hip than I have - well, who am I kidding, I know where she gets it from!  
They were so proud of themselves because they had used their imaginations.  You see, to them, the hangers were glittering lights all over the room - part of the stage presence as they sang "Camp Rock" songs at the top of their lungs.

The flowers were not only decorations, but doubled as microphones when needed.  They sang and danced and had a blast pretending they were rock stars!  Their imagination and excitement are some of the things that I love most about them.  They are so fun to watch and listen to.  I am thankful to be their mother.

Wouldn't it be fun to think and act like a child again every once in a while?  To see things from an innocent perspective again and to be able to find joy in everyday moments...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, I miss them!! and you too, of course :)

Anonymous said...

AWWWW.... they are TOO CUTE!!

BTW, did Nate bring YOU back a dress too??? :)

Anonymous said...

gage said "oh my gosh, that's maddie and alex, i can't believe it".

you already know how to hyperlink... i'd better be your first link! :)

their room is precious, of course i like it better the way you decorated it, but that doesn't surprise you!

holly said...

ocdism - yes, he did bring me back some stuff and considering that for Nate the thought of picking out clothing for me sends him into a stress induced sweat - he can sew fingers back on without missing a beat, but buying for me... woah! - he did remarkably well. He looked for the most "westernized" style possible and brought back a peasant style skirt and pretty blouse. I also got some beautiful wraps out of the deal. :)

Erin said...

Don't you love those times when your kids play SO well together and are creative and having loads of fun? It's one of the best things to witness as a parent. Tell the fam hi from us. STL won't be working out this time (unless I drag my MIL along, too, ha!). Let's get something on the calendar, seriously!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! My little girl....and boy does that ALL the time. BTW...I LOVE their room. So pretty!

Mamu Lou said...

You are a natural born blogger Holly- just look at what you've done in just what, a week? I love the pics of the girls and there creativity. That is just one of the many things we miss! They look so grown up!