Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Help - I'm a Party Planner!

See this beautiful girl?  This was taken on her first day of first grade.  First grade already!  Oh where has the time gone?  Alex is loving her school and has made many new friends and admirers.  :)  
As a way to get myself plugged into the school environment I volunteered to be a room parent.  I went to my first meeting tonight and realized that this is a job they take seriously.  I walked in hoping that I could slip in unnoticed and contribute when needed.  I left as the official Halloween Party Planner for 60 children.  Now, that's a scary thought!  Apparently, I was the only one that showed up in Alex's section - there were about 5 parents from the other 2 first grade sections.  By default, I became the leader.  So much for my plan of not planning.  Wish me luck!

Are there any other party planners out there that may have some good ideas for entertaining 60 6 year olds gearing up for a sugar high?

On a family note...
Happy Birthday to our niece, Kayla!  Kayla will be 11 years old today (9/18).  She holds a special place in our hearts as she was born when Nate and I were dating and we have been able to watch her grow into a wonderful young lady.  Before we had children of our own Kayla would spend many nights with us - entertaining us with her plethora of words. :)  Kayla, we love you and wish you a very happy birthday!!  Enjoy your "ice beets"!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!! She looks EXACTLY like you! When did that happen?! I remember her being just a baby!! Which goes to prove, if you just blink, they are grown!
Brandiandboys can plan a killer party!! She has a very creative mind!

PS: Since I'm a "cowgirl" now, I totally dig Alex's boots!!

holly said...

OCDism - congrats on your cowgirl status - what a gift! :) Please tell Kyla that the girls say hi!