Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sledding, St. Louis Style...

So we had some flurries in STL today. As a Wisconsinite, I'm almost embarrassed to post these pictures, but I guess 5 years in the south prepared me for this. You see, anytime you have even a little bit of snow you have to take advantage of it - so we did...and, yes, we are basically sledding on grass. :)
Nate and the girls getting ready for the first run down the hill.

Taking the easy way up!

Nate working hard back up the hill.

Me and my lovely girls - I love playing in the snow with them!

Warming up with some hot chocolate afterwards.

Enjoy your week!

7 comments:

Mamu Lou said...

Hey- sledding is sledding! This coming from someone who used to live in UT and now lives in TN is probably not convincing though! Glad you guys had fun.

holly said...

Laura - you're right - it is what it is. The grass can actually get quite slippery at times! We're under a "winter storm warning" for tonight - I'm hoping we get a bunch of snow, a snow day, and that our electricity stays on! :) Maybe we can do some real sledding tomorrow! - it may hit you by Wednesday...

Anonymous said...

That is one hard working Pack-A@# you married.

holly said...

@ Pete - yes, he comes in handy in situations like this or carrying beverages up a mountain! I'm a lucky woman!

DEb said...

Have you been sledding at Art Hill? It's at Forest Park and its FABULOUS...check it out!!

PS I miss Ted Drewes

holly said...

@Deb - we haven't done Art HIll yet, but saw it all over the news yesterday - it was mass chaos! We've gone to Shaw Park - only about .5 mile from our house (and much safer). Nate and I were just discussing Ted Drewes the other day - we'll check it out as soon as it warms up!

Brad Ruggles said...

Yeah, I bet that's quite a bit less snow than you would be used to in Wisconsin!

We got dumped on pretty good yesterday here in Indianapolis...about 8-9 inches I think they said. Posted a few pics of it. Nothing like waking up to nearly a foot of fresh snow covering everything outside! No school of course. The kiddos had fun.