1. I need to - I need to get back in the habit after a 3 week hiatus.
2. But, more importantly, I'm avoiding this:
It's all clean - it just needs to be folded and put away. And, I HATE that part of laundry. I really wish the "laundry fairy" that cleans, folds, and puts away my husband's and children's laundry would work for me, as well. Oh wait, I AM THE LAUNDRY FAIRY! Drat!!
Any tips for a folding procrastinator (Casey, I know you are dying to respond!)?
What chore do you typically avoid as long as possible?
5 comments:
I do upstairs on my bed and watch HGTV..or Discovery. Then it doesn't feel like work. Leah and Kira are now at an age where I put the clothes by their dressers and they put it away. :)
David is not at that age yet, I put his away!! Be happy that Nate will always wear scrubs. David wears shirt/tie every day so I also have to iron!!!!!
@Andrea - part of our marriage agreement was that I would never iron! :) If something needs to be ironed then it is not worn. :) One day I'll drop off his "clinic attire" at the dry cleaners. Glad to know that your girls are old enough to put away - I'll have to start enforcing that soon.
Sorry I don't really have any good tips that will forever change your life. I like to fold them right out of the dryer when they are nice and warm :) I also fold laundry on my bed while watching TV (at least then when the kids come in to bug me, I have the excuse "just let me finish the laundry first". It gives me a little time away because they don't want to get stuck helping so they will leave me alone for a little while:) I have been trying to make Kayla put her's away after I fold them, but I find that the clean clothes end up back in the dirty pile. This does not make one happy, so that has been a chore in itself. Although while we were gone yesterday (and Kayla was supposed to be doing her school work) we came home to the dryer running. It turns out she tried to do it by herself (even though she didn't know how to run the washer or where to put the detergent!) That was interesting. But back to the original thought - I enjoy laundry. I like the nice straight lines when it's done (I know it's weird). I never iron either. Anything that has wrinkles goes back through the dryer! But if it makes you feel better, I hate dishes. If I could, my counter would look like your laundry piles only with dishes. Ahh, if only my OCD allowed me to like dishwashers:)
@Casey - sometimes I boycott Nate's laundry when I find that instead of putting his clothes away they just end up back in the dirty laundry pile - perfectly clean! Funny, how his habits are similar to that of an 11 year old...
Can you show this to Brad? At least I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment