Friday, November 21, 2008

What is WRONG with ME?!?

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a horrible packer.
  
I can pack for the girls easily; however, when it comes to myself - I just can't figure it out.

We're headed back to WI today for our Thanksgiving holiday - we'll be gone for 8 days.  Do I really need this much for 8 days?  In my defense, most of the clothing is quite bulky - heavy sweaters, long pants, scarves, etc. - it takes up a lot of room.  I also have a number of "occasions" that require specific clothing.  Furthermore, I plan on running while back home so workout clothing takes up a lot of room as the key to running in cold weather is layers, layers, and more layers.  (See how easy I can justify and rationalize my madness?!)

IT FITS!!! :)

And, it even closes (without even having to use the "expandable" feature)!


However, I'm ashamed to admit that the above suitcase does not include shoes (3 pair), toiletries (way too many), jackets (3 black winter coats - don't ask or judge!), hats (at least 3), boots (3 pair), or mittens (lots).  Those are all in another suitcase (and I may not be entirely truthful on some those numbers - they just might be a bit higher...).

Here is another (well, I guess, actually, the first) truth - I will more than likely wear the same thing over and over again and actually wear 20% of the items I packed.

Seriously, what is wrong with me?!?

What are your tips for streamlining your packing process?

4 comments:

DEb said...

I KNOW exactly what you mean!! The whole exercise thing is what throws my packing off every single time. But we have to have that stuff...and it's better to have too much than too little. You've done just fine!

PS: Nate's comment on Kyle's baptism made me cry!! :)

Thank you both from the bottom of our hearts!!! We love yous..

gbordzifamily said...

Hi Holly! Thank you for the sweet comments you left on our blog. I hope you have a great trip to Wisconsin and a Happy Thanksgiving!! Take care, Kimberly (not Kim)

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up. I'm the opposite, and never seem to have what I need. I get all four of us in one big suit-case and one bag for 4-6 days. I might add a smaller bag for a 10-day vaca.

I always seem to have a ton more however, on the way home!

Love to all and a happy Thanksgiving - safe travels!!

holly said...

Thanks for the tips - glad to announce that I wore about 80% of all items packed - not too bad...
currently, unpacking - yuck!