Thursday, November 20, 2008

I need your help!

One of the hardest things about moving is not what you think it might be. It's not getting your house in order or making new friends. It's not learning your way around the city or changing your address on countless forms.

No, for me, near the top of my list is finding a new hair stylist. Yep, you read that right - a new hair dresser, not only for me, but also for my kids. You see, I'm not overly anal about my hair - most of the time it is back in a pony tail, but I do like someone who can somewhat read my mind and make most of my color, cut, and style decisions for me. And finding someone who you trust without spending hundreds of dollars is quite difficult. I really miss Lori back in Nashville - she just knew what to do before I even knew - she is hard to replace and I really haven't even tried yet.

On Sunday we'll be back in Wisconsin and Nate's aunt is a stylist - she has cut my hair a number of times so I've booked appointments for myself and the girls. I'm long overdue and overly excited to get pampered for a bit. However, here is where I need your help...I'm not sure if I should go lighter, darker, chop it, or leave it long for a while. Please help!

For fun, I thought I'd give you a quick recap of my hair history - enjoy...

Here's the last time I chopped it (July 2005) - Maddie was about 4 months old, but that's a 3 year old Alex in the picture.

6 months later... Christmas 2005

6 months later it had grown to here with some highlights - July 2006 - with a 17 month Maddie eating chocolate - surprised?
Another 6 months later - Christmas 2006


This is about 10 months later with some low lights - October 2007 - notice the chocolate on Maddie's face again...

Spring 2008- with some more low lights...this was shortly after my gig as a TV hair model with her. Ha Ha! :)


Some new color right before we left Nashville in June 2008 - at my "going away" party. :(

The last time Lori cut and colored (highlights again) - August 2008 on a visit back to Nashville.  This is Nate and I in September.


Current photo - in dire need of help!  (With Alex as an "oompa loompa" for her school's production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.)

Lori has also cut the girls hair for the last 4 years!!  Here she is with Alex after she cut about 8 inches from Alex's hair last May.  Too cute!!


So, I need your input - let me know:

Short?  Long?  Lighter?  Darker? Bangs?  No Bangs?

You know this is important stuff - let me know your thoughts! :)


5 comments:

Julie said...

Darker, shorter and with bangs of some sort...might as well change things up, eh?

Life with two! said...

I say keep it long and go for some more low lights. You can definitely pull it off. You have great hair anyways!

Mamu Lou said...

I say go dark and keep it long! I forgot how short your hair was when we moved in!! You look good no matter what you do.

Anonymous said...

now that the president has been elected i think discussing your hair is a definite issue of importance!!!

i really like the low lights on you and i like it long... however, you wear super short hair better than anyone i know! :)

holly said...

Thanks for all the comments here, facebook, and through e-mail. It looks like the long, dark, with bangs look is going to win. Thanks for helping make the decision! Fun!