Sunday, May 10, 2009

Best job in the world!!

Sometimes I find myself wanting more - in more ways than one.  More time, more money, more love, more praise, more, more, more!!!  Can you relate?
  
It doesn't stop.  

Luckily, it doesn't dictate my life either, because truth be told, I am very content with my life even if my "mores" don't get fulfilled.  

However, the one area that I feel absolutely, completely, wonderfully, and gratefully content is in my professional life - a.k.a. my job.  I'm lucky - luckier than most.  I get to be a full time stay at home mommy to these two amazing children!!  



Why oh why do I deserve that?!?  I couldn't imagine a more perfect job.   They want me.  They need me.  They love me - unconditionally.  They treasure me.  They delight me.  They fulfill me. They complete me.  

Now, don't get me wrong, sometimes that can be overwhelming in and of itself and there are certain aspects of my job that I hate.  The laundry.  Bath time.  Cleaning up vomit.  Constant meal preparation.  Being under appreciated.  Being taken for granted.  A lack of respect.  Guilt.  Self - doubt.

But that is nothing compared to the rewards of my job.  They are endless...
...the smiles, the laughs, the confidences, the secrets, the joys, the trust, the love...

On and on they go...

To top it all off, I have an incredible husband and partner who helps make my dream come true. Not only does he value and appreciate my role in this family he wholeheartedly supports and encourages me with loving awe and respect.  

I heard the other day that if you calculated the monetary compensation for all that stay at home moms do, we would be paid $126,000 per year.  I think that it is a fair assessment; however, our benefits would number in the millions for there are some things that can never have a monetary value.


Happy Mother's Day to all the incredible mothers out there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, found your blog through Brandi & boys. I started reading about you when you were the anti-blogger:) We have girls around the same age. Mine are 5 & 8. This is my first time commenting but I check daily. Thank you so much for this post today. I agree it is the most rewarding job ever! Hope you are having a Happy Mother's Day!

Blessings,
Jenn

Pete Wilson said...

Happy Mother's Day Holly! You guys look great.

Anonymous said...

Holly,

You are an incredible mother and the decision to do without a certain amount of income, so that we could have you at home with our girls, was perhaps the finest investment we could have ever made.

Thank you for taking such pride in everything that you do. I am proud to be your hubby.

Plus, you are hot.

Nate

holly said...

@Jenn - thanks for the comment! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
@Pete - thanks - we miss you guys so much and can't wait to catch up!
@Nate - you are hot too!