Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Question for You

Although unflattering, I wanted you to see a picture that Nate took of me last night before bed.

Based upon this picture, would you guess or house is:

A.  Warm and cozy
B.  Hotter than Nashville in the summertime
C.  Comfortable
D.  Cold as ice

Still not sure?  Let me give you some extra information.  I actually have on:
- 2 scarves
- 3 layers on top - long sleeve T, trusty Crosspoint T, and thick wool sweater
- lined pajama pants
- 2 pair of knee high socks
- furry slippers
- (I had on a wool hat, but removed it before Nate got home to laugh at me)

What is missing from the picture are the 2 blankets that I'm usually curled up in on the sofa once the sun goes down - at 5:00.  Pictured below is my trusty space heater that tends to follow me around the house.


I'm thinking I need to invest in a bigger one, or at least a couple more so I don't have to constantly move this one.  (BTW:  I actually have to stick my hands in front of the heater to thaw them out before I begin to type.  Apparently, I suffer from a lack of circulation in my fingers and toes.)

So, the answer to the question above is D -  cold as ice (and if most of my readers were not members of my immediate family and/or church family, I would add some much needed expletives and graphic imagery into that answer).  

Seriously, what has the south done to me the last 5 years?!?  I'm still a Wisconsinite at heart, just a bit wimpier on the edges now, I guess. :)  Before y'all go yelling "I told you so!" let me clarify.  Truly, I like cold weather - snow, ice, all of it - I just think it belongs OUTSIDE, and in my home I expect to be warm.  However, since our rental is 82 years old and apparently, no one believed in insulation at that time, all of our heat escapes right out the numerous cracks and crevices in the walls and (plastic covered) windows.  I'm sure the birds on the roof of our house stay nice and toasty thanks to us!  

So, I guess the only way for me to stay warm is to bring on the layers whether inside or out.  Thankfully, we only have 3 more months to go!  Ugh!  

And, if any of you were wondering what to get me for Christmas - this post should have provided you some ideas. :)

Stay warm!  Any tips for a warmer house this frosty season?



5 comments:

DEb said...

This totally cracked me up!! I FEEL FOR YA, SISTER!!!!! The south has ruined me!

Archna and Ryan said...

You are welcome at our house anytime!!!
Arch

Mamu Lou said...

Oh that just sucks! I hate being cold! But I also hate being really hot. Hmmmm. I agree that when it's cold outside, it should stay outside!! Good luck this winter!

Anonymous said...

ok, so obviously your house isn't warm and toasty. :) That's an awful lot of clothes to go around your own house in....lol.

Anonymous said...

Love it. I keep putting the heat on 64 degrees but Brandi keeps turning it up when I'm not looking.