Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How did this happen?

A few weeks ago, my firstborn turned eight years old - yep, EIGHT.

Here she is blowing out her customary breakfast birthday cupcake.
Despite the craziness of our lives at the moment we pulled it together to make it memorable for her. On her actual birthday, April 18th, we took her out for dinner at a restaurant of her choice. She chose, Nakashima's, a local hibachi and sushi place.

She is pictured below with our guests for the evening - both sets of grandparents, and Aunt Dana and Uncle Al (plus two adorable cousins growing in Auntie Dana's belly!!!!!!) And, despite the looks on their faces, the grandfathers were happy to be there. :)

Digging in to her sushi - man, I love this girl!!!

Being entertained while our dinner was prepared. (Gotta love the look on Marty's face!)

A week later she had a birthday party with another little girl in her class, Raina. Raina's parents were gracious enough to host the party at their house (as sometimes I still don't have time to brush my teeth daily) and we invited the other 9 girls from their 2nd grade class. The plan was to play outside, but the rain kept us indoors, so beading, dancing, and playing it was.

I love this picture - the toothless smiles of 2nd graders.

Alex and Raina after some hard core dancing.

A party game. (and, yes, that is Maddie, she always has to hang with the "older" crowd.)

Need further proof that Alex is growing up? Two days after she turned 8 we discovered that she needed glasses. Here she is modeling the new pair - now she looks 12. :(



She has become quite the momma's helper and loves to hold her baby brother and even change his diaper! I'm quite lucky to have her as my daughter.

Alexandria Lindell,

As much as I hate admitting that you are growing up, I love watching you do it. You have grown and changed so much in the last year that sometimes the toddler you were is barely recognizable (except that you have approximately the same amount of teeth that you had as a toddler - you sure do keep that tooth fairy busy!). Our transitions and changes of the last year have given you a grace and maturity well beyond your years. However, I so enjoy watching you settle into our new life by making new friends knowing that we have no more moves on the horizon. I love spending time with you, talking about the future, listening to you read, and really, just being close to you. You are such a blessing to our whole family and I can't imagine my life without you. I love you beyond words. As always, I thank God for you everyday.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy, happy, happy late birthday sweet alex! can't believe how grown up you look wearing those super cool glasses!!!

and aunt dana is having TWINS!!!! please let her know how incredibly excited i am for her.

please let's catch up soon!!!