Friday, April 23, 2010

Things I forgot...

It's been 5 years since there has been a baby in my house. Time has a way of making you forget some of the "pleasures" of an infant. Here are my top 5 things I forgot in the last 5 years...

5. Whoever said that breastfeeding was "natural" was either a man who could never actually use his breasts for this purpose or was someone who routinely walked around with pliers clipped to her nipples throughout the day.

4. ...that taking a shower would feel like such a HUGE accomplishment. Add in brushing your teeth and remembering to eat and it's like you've completed a marathon!

3. ...that at the mention of "mommy needs to eat" or "mommy is going to rest" or "mommy is going check her email" your newborn's hearing becomes perfect and he is suddenly ravenous tying you to him yet again for another hour.

And in a more serious note...

2. ...that even though sleep deprived, you can't sleep because you are mesmerized by the perfection of this little being - from the hair on his head to his perfect, little toe nails. And that you could forever listen to his little "ahhhs" and grunts and groans.

1. ...that, in a heartbeat, you would give your whole life and soul for this little perfect miracle sent from God.

Here are some pics from the last week. Enjoy!





2 comments:

pete wilson said...

I want that hat!!!

Anonymous said...

SWEEET SWEEEET PICS... I love ur blog Holly!