Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome Baby Owen

He's here!

Owen Martin Van Zeeland made his grand entrance on March 29th at a whopping 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long.

Here's a photo recap of the last 2 weeks...

Me and my girls before leaving for the hospital - 39 weeks and 4 days.

Visiting me in the hospital after school. Still no Owen - but, little did we know he would make his entrance very soon.

Here is he is - less than an hour later!

A beaming Papa Marty - Owen's namesake.

With his other Papa and Nana.

Daddy and his boy.

Big sissy, Maddie, came to bring him home from the hospital 2 days later.

A bit of alert time back at home.

1 week old.

What a difference a week makes! 2 weeks old.

The following are some pictures from Easter - Owen was 6 days old. Nate and I prepared a ham in the morning and then my mom and mother in law prepared the rest of the food. Very low key and very yummy!

Getting ready for the Easter Egg Hunt.

The first family picture with all five of us.

The girls helped set the table - we got to use our china and real silver.

The girls picked fresh flowers and made name tags for all the guests.

The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind, to say the least. I have been very blessed to be so close to family. Everyone has been such a huge help and we have transitioned smoothly. The girls have adjusted to being big sisters and have loved helping with Owen and all the extra attention bestowed upon them by family and friends.

Those who know me well, won't be surprised to know that I'm looking forward to a little more routine and consistency with his "schedule", but, as he may well be the last little Van Zeeland I'm remembering to enjoy these sweet moments with him - even when they happen in the middle of the night. :) And, just as I do in regards to Alex and Maddie, I thank God for him everyday.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's absolutely precious! it feels so strange being so far away but so glad we can keep up so easily on facebook and blogging.

he's precious and the house looks great!

Jessi Guenther said...

Congratulations to all of you! He's a gorgeous baby boy and the girls look elated. Best of luck with the schedule (just one more thing we have in common)...I'm sure you'll have him eating, waking and sleeping regularly in no time. Enjoy the snuggles and the smells and the serenity.

Eve Annunziato said...

He's amazing, precious, and just perfect. I wish I could hold him. So happy for ALL of the family, and thankful they all live near you to love on baby and momma!

Love the fam pic. You look GREAT! What a beautiful and blessed family! Miss you tons. Love you much, friend!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this blog!! You can "recap" an entire YEAR and make it all look so much fun!! Karl just loved the pic of baby Owen being held by daddy... SO SO SO CUTE... gosh Holly, your entire fam is just AWESOME!! We love and miss you all... and SO happy we can see the kids grow up here in the blogging world!! xoxooox

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this blog!! You can "recap" an entire YEAR and make it all look so much fun!! Karl just loved the pic of baby Owen being held by daddy... SO SO SO CUTE... gosh Holly, your entire fam is just AWESOME!! We love and miss you all... and SO happy we can see the kids grow up here in the blogging world!! xoxooox