Examining Daddy at 6 weeks.
Getting chubby by 7 weeks...
I've already had to put away some of his 0-3 month clothing - it's bittersweet - I love that he's getting bigger as I'm a more comfortable parent 3 months and beyond (more comfortable because there is more of routine and predictability by that time), but I will miss the cuddly, little, wrinkled body of a new born.
He is becoming quite smiley and will spend a good portion of his alert time just smiling at us. All you have to do is make eye contact with him and his face will light up into a toothless grin.
His sleep schedule is still pretty unpredictable, but he is going for longer stretches of time during the evening hours - as much as 7 hours at a stretch (not that it does any good for a nursing mom who must either feed or pump sometime during those 7 hours - ugh). I'm experimenting with some sleep positions as he is outgrowing the swaddle method. On his back his little arms will wake him up as he doesn't realize they are connected to his body yet and they often flail wildly. He does OK on his side, but the position he likes the best is the one we are supposed to stay away from - on his tummy. I'll let him sleep this way during the day when I'm in the next room and can check on him frequently - but I haven't used it during the night yet.
And here are two more of his favorite positions...
Cuddling with Nana.
Life is crazy and chaotic - I'm craving some more consistency, but it's worth it. Already I can't imagine my life without this sweet little boy.
And it gets easier, right?
Especially considering Maddie finishes preschool this week, Alex has 2.5 more weeks of school, and we get a puppy in few more weeks.
Easy, right?
This may be my last week of sanity for the next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment