...it's a boy!!!!!!
We are all still fairly shocked as we certainly weren't expecting to see that little appendage appear on the ultrasound. I knew what to look for and was incredibly surprised by that obvious difference in previous ultrasound experiences! Nate and the girls were with me and we all wore looks of amazement...
...and pure, uninhibited joy!
And here's a picture of his sweet profile - his little hand is on his forehead - so precious!
I can't even begin to tell you how excited we all are to be welcoming a little boy into our family. I love me some pink, purple, frilly, lace, princess, stuff, but I'm sure looking forward to some blues, greens, browns, oranges, trucks, balls, etc.
I was picking up a few shirts for Alex today and couldn't resist a peek in the never before wandered "boy section". He got his first onesies...
...and, sadly, I'll admit, that shopping for girls is so much more fun - but, I'll adjust to coordinating plaids, stripes, cords, etc. in due time. :) I imagine that I'll be doing a lot of adjusting once I meet this little guy, but I welcome the challenges and joys that he will bring.
Pure bliss...thank you God!
Now we have 4.5 more months to come up with a name...any suggestions?
8 comments:
shut up!!! i can't believe it's a boy. i like you just started assuming girl and didn't even realize a ultrasound hadn't confirmed that!
congrats you two. what a cool experience to be a parent to both sexes.
The ultrasonographer said that was the largest penis on a 20 week old child that she has ever seen...
That's awesome! I totally was with you thinking girl. He's going to be so much fun. So excited for you!
FYI: my first "comment" was really written by Nate - can you tell he's a bit proud? :) Boys will be boys!
Congratulations you guys! Welcome to boy-ville. You'll be amazed at how much easier the shopping is :-)
Enjoy the moments; I can't wait to see photos of the little guy.
I'm so stinking excited for you guys. Is it OK for me to admit I was secretly praying for a boy?
I'm not surprised the little guys is already setting records. :)
YAY for boys!!! We are thrilled for you guys. We were definitely hoping for a little brother for your girls! Cannot wait to see you guys!
OHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY!!! What a "unit" on that little fella!!!!! HAHAHHAHAAH...(in the words of Madonna)... LOLOL
I am UBER excited for you all...a boy..a blonde headed little boy!! I CANNOT WAIT...tell Nate that Karl is sending a "pound fist" his way!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!
MUCH LOVE...
Post a Comment