fairly pathetic, right? It makes you want to cuddle her up all day long and let her do whatever makes her happy.
She has school on Thursdays, but after a night of coughing and a slight fever (not to mention the continual public service announcements of keeping your child home if they are even slightly sick to reduce the risk of the over hyped "swine flu") I decided to keep her home, just to be safe.
I was duped.
Here she is, not much later...back to her sassy self!
The day continued with her dancing and singing to high school musical, doing all sorts of art, and impressing me with her ability to make me laugh.
You would think with 7 years of experience under my belt now I would be able to determine when my children were truly sick or not, right? I guess I erred on the side of caution and fell for her charm. (Not to mention that I already begin to hyperventilate at the thought of her entering Kindergarten next year and being away from me forever!)
And, seriously, could you say no to these pig tails!?!?!
Here she is with Alex after Alex got home from school. I heard Maddie tell her that she didn't have to go to school today. Alex said, "What? Mom, did Maddie stay home?" After I concurred, I heard Maddie say to her sister, "Lucky me, huh?"
And for kicks, here is a picture of me at 16 weeks. The baby is starting to move quite a bit - I LOVE this part of pregnancy!!!

Enjoy your weekend!
4 comments:
Congratulations on your baby! :)
Well, I think it's still better to be duped than to leave your child with a trusted friend ;) who doesn't believe your sweet daughter when she wakes up telling that trusted friend that she's not feeling well
and that trusted friend still sends her to school thinking that your sweet daughter is just trying to work it
and then gets called later in the day to pick her up because that sweet daughter of yours is running a fever and her tonsils are swollen.
I mean, surely that would never happen. That's just an example of what would be worse than being duped. :)
Jenni - ha ha At least my trusted friend never let her dog bite the nose of my other sweet daughter... :) Just kidding - you were always a huge help to us and you know we love you for it (and many other reasons as well!). And for the record, I would have also sent the sweet daughter to school that day as well. :)
Looking good girl!
Post a Comment