Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Southern Comfort

So the girls and I are driving down to Nashville today to visit good friends.  

Ironically, it was a year ago today - June 9th - that I left Nashville and drove to St. Louis to begin our new chapter here.  I hate thinking about that drive - the emptiness I felt as  I drove away, the anger at having to leave, the anxiety of beginning anew,  the fear that Nate's old '98 cavalier would break down in the middle of Kentucky... I can vividly remember crossing the Mississippi, seeing the arch and bursting into tears!  I remember listening to Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go" over and over.  I knew we were making the right move and that we would be OK.  I never doubted for a second that God was in control - but, it was still hard.  By the time I made it to our "new house" (which was and is an ugly old rental that I can't stand!) I was emotionally numb...

Ahh....but, I digress...

So, today, my feelings are much different.  I'm very excited to be visiting with wonderful friends again!  I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone and just hanging out.  Nate and I have purposefully NOT made great friends here in St. Louis because our time is so short.  We have friends, but not the kind that know the real you.  I'm excited to let down my guard and relive some memories with some of the best friends in the world.

Here are a couple of other things I'm looking forward to...

- sweet tea (the real kind, with real sugar!  Mmmm Mmmm....)
- pool time - my kids are at an age where being at the pool is now enjoyable and I can't wait to do it in the company of these women.
- girl time - the silly, laughing, crying sort of time you do with people you love you.
- Warner Park - can't wait to take a run through my old stomping ground.
- my old neighborhood - it has changed so much in a year; but still houses some of the best neighbors known to man. :)
- Crosspoint Community Church - arguably the best church on the planet!
- Getting my hair done by one spectacular stylist!

And, or course, here is the ONE thing that I'm NOT looking forward to...

- the blasted, accursed, Nashville heat and humidity!!!

Time to pull out that southern drawl...

I'll see y'all real soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here are a few things i'm looking forward to... con't
*brandi
*brandi
*brandi
:)

DEb said...

HAHAHAHA.... Brandi's post is funny.

I hope to see you at CP Sunday!!! Kyla will definitely want to see those girls...we go to the 8:30 service...

gbordzifamily said...

I hope you are enjoying your trip. AND...thank you for pointing out that I was FIVE when I was having my tantrum on the sledding hill. I seem to remember YOU getting into trouble when you were making seagull noises in Steven's Point. How old were YOU? At least I wasn't old enough to know better. Ha ha ha!!!

Also, congratulations on the house! It's amazing. I'm so jealous!!! Love, Kimberly