There's a lot of things I miss about Nashville; however, this stormy season is not one of them. I was happy to escape the continual thunderstorms and tornado warnings. Our power went out at a light breeze disconnecting us the news coverage of the approaching storm. I never did feel all that safe hiding in the little closet under the stairs. I missed my basement.
Lucky me, I got to spend a little time in our basement last night while we wondered if a tornado was headed our way. We hid out for a while, lost power for a while, and thankfully survived some heavy winds and lots of rain. A couple of our trees; however, did not survive. :(
When we emerged from the basement with our flashlights and candles we took a look outside and saw this...
The next morning the picture became a bit clearer.
I'm not complaining. Matter of fact, I'm quite thankful as many people's homes and property didn't fare as well as ours. The blocked driveway was a minor inconvenience and we adjusted accordingly. The trees fell parallel to the house causing no damage to our structure. Our power was back on in 6 hours. No one was hurt. The driveway was cleared by early afternoon. Life went on.
However, all of this just made me realize, "Wow, I have no power of any of this."
All it takes is a little tiny bit of severe weather to put God's power in perspective. I'm thankful that I only experienced that "tiny bit" and hope and pray that I may never know the full force of his power in this arena. I can't imagine experiencing the floods in Nashville last May or the earthquakes and tsunami in Japan. However, on the same note, I'm incredibly grateful that I serve a God who is in control - not just of the weather, but in control of all things (whether I like it or not).
Stay safe this stormy, spring season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment