Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy 1/2 birthday!

Yesterday Owen turned 6 months old. I had planned on writing a post about how wonderfully delicious he is, but since he never napped I didn't have time to do it. And, quite frankly, as he was going on his 10th hour of fussiness, I can't say that all my thoughts were wonderful about him...

But, alas, he is napping now so I have a quick moment to share a few pics and describe his perfect little presence in my life. (And because this is about the good things in my life I'll refrain from sharing any news/updates about the furry four legged monster that lives with us. That will come another day.)

I've often joked that I'd like to birth a 6 month old. Now I really don't want to push anything the size of this little linebacker out of me; however, I'm really quite fine not dealing with that newborn stage. I know some people love it, but, not me. I'm much more comfortable with a little routine, sleeping through the night, sitting up, etc.

Yesterday I happily set aside the bouncy seats, bumbo, baby clothes, infant car seat and other newborn paraphernalia (luckily I get to pass them on to my sister in law whose twin boys are expected in a matter of weeks!!!). O has now moved on to the mega saucer, high chair, johnny jump up, and walker. I treasure these next couple of months before he becomes too mobile and my life enters another kind of crazy. 6-8 months is by far my favorite age of the first year - I'm looking forward to enjoying it.

We've been adventuring into some new foods and so far he loves all of them. (I think you can tell by looking at him that he's never said no to food - seriously, he's pushing 20 lbs.).



He's usually very happy when he wakes up from a full nights sleep. He had his first cold this month and went on a 3 week spree of waking up 3-4 times a night - not fun. However, he's slept through (10-12 hours) the last 2 nights - knock on wood.


Here he is on the move (and a bit blurry) in the johnny jump up. He's not a huge fan of this yet, but will tolerate it for 10 - 15 minutes. However, check out those chubby legs!


In the tub - it's not the best picture, but you can see all his wonderful, delicious chubby thigh rolls. Seriously, don't you just want to eat him?!?


And, here he is as he drifts off to sleep in my arms. Ahhh...there are no adequate words for this moment.


I love this little boy.

Thank you God.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLLY..he is the most ADORABLE baby ever...and to me, he looks like YOU...(sorry Nate- but maybe that will change) LOL
He's gonna kill you for posting the "naked" picture...one day!! Wish we could see/hold him! xoxooxox

gbordzifamily said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Owen! What a darling baby boy! I can't believe how BIG he is! I remember Solomon was 22 pounds at his 12 month well-baby visit.

I'm glad to hear he's sleeping through the night. It sounds just dreamy. :) :)

Jessi Guenther said...

I'm emotional right now for some reason so I'm getting all choked up...I'm so with you on all of this and I hope our squishy scrumptious boys can meet sometime in the near future. That sleeping baby picture makes me want to go grab mine out of the crib and hold him forever.

Jenni Catron said...

Sweet precious boy! I can't believe I haven't met him yet. We may be coming home over new year's for a wedding - I'll let you know.