Monday, July 13, 2009

This and That...

A quick update...

The last month has been crazy busy as we've been traveling all over Wisconsin and back to St. Louis again. Here are some shots of what we've been doing...

We went back to Wisconsin on June 26th to surprise Nate's dad, Marty, for his 60th bday. We got him - he had no idea we were coming and was thrilled to see us. We surprised him again the next day when his other son, Aaron, and his wife, Katie came to visit as well. We had a great time with the whole immediate Van Zeeland family together! Happy Birthday Marty - we love you!

Here are the girls giving him some of his homemade birthday gifts.

Nate was only able to stay for that weekend, but the girls and I have been there for the month of July. We were able to spend some time up north at the cabins - beautiful!

Alex playing on the beach.
Campfire on the beach - waiting for the fireworks to start.
Me and Maddie tubing!
Alex and Auntie Dana tubing!
Maddie showing off her fish - notice there is one in each hand. :)

We were also able to go to one of my childhood stomping grounds - Bay Beach, a permanent "carnival" located in Green Bay. The park has been around for decades and truly it hasn't changed a bit since I was seven years old. Tickets are 25 cents a piece - it really doesn't get cheaper than that! The girls loved it!

The girls on the swings at Bay Beach. Yes, that is Maddie about 30 ft. in the air!
With their cousin Beth - she is the oldest grandchild on my side while Maddie is the youngest.

I came back to St. Louis to spend a little alone time with the hubby and get organized for the upcoming move.

I'll be back in Wisconsin in a few days - I miss my girls.

I'm moving some of our belongings into our new house at the end of the month. We are all very excited to make Neenah our home and the next 6 months can't go fast enough!

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer! I'll be in touch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you all dearly but am so happy that you are burning wonderful memories with family in to the hearts and minds of our two young ladies!

I miss you Alex and Maddie!

Nate/Dad